You probably wanted to play a song and nothing played. It is not unusual. Your spotify is not connecting to google home mini. I’m quite sure you were disappointed. Perhaps, it was time for your favorite podcast and you could not listen. Or, you just could not stream videos on the channels you always watched.There are reasons why this could be happening. It is good news that the connection problem can be fixed.
WHAT COULD BE WRONG? SPOTIFY OR GOOGLE HOME MINI?
It can be really provoking when Spotify stops working. A device that once gave access to millions of songs from all your favorite artists suddenly stops playing those songs. Talk about the early morning podcasts to video streaming, its more than frustrating when Spotify stops working.
It may sometimes seem like it is the google home mini that is malfunctioning. After giving Google home a command, it gives a positive feedback “sure”, “ok” and yet nothing is played. Well, its not a google home malfunction but a spotify connection problem. The Spotify device is not connected to Google home. That is the reason why songs are not being played.
Having the Spotify device and being unable to play songs with it is discomforting. Let’s quickly go through the trouble shooting steps for connecting Spotify to google home.
WHY SPOTIFY IS NOTCONNECTING TO GOOGLE HOME
Like I earlier said, there are reasons behind the spotify malfunction. Spotify may not be connecting to google home mini due to network. If the Google home mini is located faraway from your router, spotify may not work. To avoid this, ensure the router and google home mini are not so far apart.
Outside this, you could try unlink and relink your spotify account from the google home app. This should refresh connections.
WHAT TO DO WHEN SPOTIFY IS NOT CONNECTING TO GOOGLE HOME
The major reason behind the Spotify not connecting to google home is network. The WI-FI connection has to be strong enough. To get a strong connectivity, the router and the Google home should not be farther than 15-20 feets apart. With such distance, the Spotify should be able to connect to google home mini.
THE NEXT STEP IS TO REFRESH CONNECTIONS.
If after adjusting distance, nothing changes and Spotify is not connecting to google home, there are other alternative.
REBOOT GOOGLE HOME MINI
Restarting the google home mini device could help solve the problem. Kindly follow the steps listed below to restart your google home.
- Go to the google home app on your device.
- On the google home app, check the top right corner for devices.
- Once you have found the devices icon, click on it.
- Now find the device card for the google home mini device to be restarted.
- At the top right corner of the device card, you will see the device card menu, click on it.
- Find settings on the new page and click on it.
- A device setting page will appear, you will find a bar for more buttons. Select it.
- You will now see the reboot bar. Select it.
- Wait while the google home devices goes off and starts again.
If after restarting, you face the same issue, check out the other options below.
UNLINK AND RELINK SPOTIFY ACCOUNT FROM GOOGLE HOME MINI
Unlinking and relinking spotify account with google home may be the way to have this issue rectified. Follow the simplified steps below to unlink and relink your spotify account.
- Go to the google home app on your device and open it
- Check the top right corner of the screen, you will see a device button. Click on it.
- Now, check the bar for menu button and click on it.
- Go to the settings bar and tap on it.
- Unlink your account from here.
- Once you are done unlinking, follow the same process from the beginning to relink.
UNLINK AND RELINK GOOGLE ACCOUNT
Unlinking and then relinking your google account is quite easy. Since the issue of spotify not connecting to google home can be solved by doing this, why not try it out.
- Firstly you need to open the google home app
- Now select devices. Do ensure that the device you are using to access the google home app shares the same network with the google assistant speaker.
- On the current page, search for device card and click on it.
- Now select the device card menu.
- Search for the settings bar and click on it.
- You can now unlink.
- Once that is done, follow the same process from the beginning to relink.
Outdated apps can malfunction. You just want to be sure this is not the problem. Ensure all apps are updated. If they are not updated, update them. This includes the google home app, the google app, the spotify app and assistant app.
After doing one or all of this, you should be able to get spotify to connect to google home again. However there is one more trick out of this. You should enable activity control. You can do this by going to activity control. Just turn on the slide under web and app activity. That is all and activity control will be turned on.
I hope with all of these methods you never have to search for answers to Spotify not connecting to google home again. Now you can go connect Spotify and Google home mini to continue enjoying all your favorite songs and podcasts.