Disney Plus launched in 2019, and gives you the convenience of having classics like Moana together on one streaming app. Since its launch, Disney has added plenty of must-see original series including Wanda Vision. The best way to enjoy your content is by using large TV‘s like Apple TV .And in this article we look at how you can get Disney plus on your Apple TV.
How to get Disney plus on Apple TV
First thing first, you have to make sure that have the right TV Model. Older models are not compatible with Disney plus because there is no app store available. Now if your TV is a 4th gen or newer, here is how you can start enjoying content from Disney+.
- On your browser visit the Disney plus site and create an account.
- Enter you email to create the account
- Pay the subscription which is $7.99 per month. If you are lucky will get a few days of free trial
- After creating the account on Disney plus, go to your Apple TV and open the app store
- Search for Disney plus and download
- After the download , login using your account credentials
- You should be able to enjoy the content on your Disney plus from your large TV or even watch Apple TV from your PC
Requirement You Need to Stream content from Disney plus
- High internet speed for a smooth experience. Make sure your Apple TV is connected to WIFI
- High speed HDMI ports compatible with 4th gen Apple TV
- Ensure your TV has the latest operating version
TV Models Compatible with Disney Plus
Disney + is not available on all Apple TV models. Here is a list of the 4th gen TV compatible with Disney Plus
- HD 32GB – A1625
- 4K 32GB – A1842
- 4K 64GB – A1842
If you have an older version of the Apple TV follow the steps below to enjoy Disney plus content.
How to Watch Disney Plus in Older TV version
If you have an older TV that does have the app store, you are not completely out of options. You will need an IOS device such as an iPhone and follow the below steps;
- Go to the Disney website and create an account. Take note of the credentials you use.
- Use the iTunes and download the Disney plus mobile app on your iPhone. The Disney plus is compatible with IPhone that have iOS 11 or higher.
- Open the Disney app and sign in
- Look for the content you would like to watch and make sure you TV is connected to the same WIFI as your device
- Using airplay cast your content from your device to the Apple TV
There you have it! Our simple guide has everything to get Disney plus on your Apple TV. You can enjoy premium content on your Apple TV. We would like to hear from you on the comment section below on how you get Disney on your Apple TV.