It is great that you have possessed an Apple TV. It is not always possible to connect the TV with electricity. How pleasant it will be if you can connect your Apple TV to wi-fi. Let us discuss how you can connect it.
If you want to connect Apple TV to wi-fi, then let me tell you that there are two procedures for connecting Apple TV to wi-fi. It depends on the capacity of your device.
The First Procedure
On an Apple TV HD and an Apple TV 4K.
- The first step that you need to perform is to open the Settings app. You will find that it has an icon that looks like a gear.
- After that scroll down to and open Network.
- Now press on the box under the option Connection.
- Your Apple TV will start scanning for nearby Wi-Fi networks. Once it appears, scroll down to and choose your network in the list.
- Now, you should enter your wi-fi password on the authentication page.
- When it is completed, then you will see that your network will be listed as the top network. It is separated from the list of the rest of available networks. On the Network page, you will see that your Wi-Fi network will be listed in the box under Connection.
On an Apple TV of 3rd and 2nd Generation.
If your Apple TV is of 2nd or 3rd Generation, then follow the steps.
- The first step is to open the Settings page and click on the options general.
- Now you should scroll down and choose the tab which is labeled as Network.
- Now, you will see that your Apple TV will start scanning for Wi-Fi networks. You have to press on your Wi-Fi network’s name in the list once it seems.
- Now, you have to enter your wifi password on the authentication page. Once you’ve entered the correct password, your network will be listed as the one your Apple TV is currently using.
These are the two procedures by which you can connect your Apple TV to wi-fi. The benefits of connecting it to wi-fi are that you can turn your TV to a computer also and enjoy the full speed internet connection.
We have discussed two relevant ways of connecting your Apple TV to wi-fi. Follow these instructions and set your Apple TV to wi-fi. Before setting up, you should check out which generation your Apple TV belongs.