Also known by “Amazon Prime video”, the Prime video is an American video on demand subscription service by Amazon. After the Netflix and Hulu, Prime video has all the audience. But it has also been observed that many people are facing issues regarding its operation and working on “Roku” (another popular streaming media platform in the US). So, this is why we are providing you with the reasons and troubleshooting guide for the Prime Video not working on the Roku issue.
What is Prime Video?
Prime Video which is also known as “Amazon Prime Video”, is one of the best premiums online video streaming services across the globe. It has some of the latest and greatest TV shows and Movies to offer.
Similar to Netflix and Hulu, Prime video also has many different paid plans for its users.
The UI is simple and easy to use.
Although, all three share millions of users, but Prime video has the highest audience retention after Netflix. This is because it has the widest collection of Movies and TV shows. People love it and also rates it #2 after the Netflix.
However, Netflix and Amazon Prime both offers a complete ad-free experience and these are their USPs.
Reasons Why Prime Video is not working on Roku
There can be any number of reasons on why Prime Video is not working on Roku.
The most obvious reasons are: –
- Prime Video has some technical issues.
- Roku device needs to be shut down for few minutes.
- Prime Video app requires re-installation.
- Roku firmware needs to be updated.
Whatever be the reason, we will provide you with the troubleshooting guide on how to fix Prime Video’s not working on the Roku issue.
How to troubleshoot Prime Video for not working on the Roku
Important Note – These fixes will work on any of the Roku devices including express to premier, the streaming stick, and of course the ultra.
In order to fix Prime Video not working on the Roku issue, just follow the solutions mentioned below.
- First unplug the Roku device from power outlet and wait for at least 60 seconds, and then plug it back again. If this fixes your Prime video, it’s great otherwise move to the next step.
- The next step says to re-install the Prime Video channel after deleting it.
- In order to delete the Prime Video channel, Select Prime Video > Press the (*) button on remote > Remove channel >Remove.
- Now if you want to Re-install again, Select Home > Search and Find Prime Video> Select Prime Video> then tap Add Channel.
- At last, reset the Roku to factory settings.
- In order to Reset it, go down to the Settings menu > then Scroll down to System Menu > then Advanced System Settings> tap Factory Reset and it will ask you to enter some random code, just enter it and you are done.
Note – Resetting the Roku device will delete all the apps Data from Roku Device’s memory.
So, this was all regarding how to fix Prime Video not working on Roku (Reasons and Troubleshooting guide). If you find it useful, then do let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear that.