For anyone planning to make good use of Spotify, knowing how to link Spotify to Google Home is a must. Spotify gives it users the luxury of playing lots of songs from their favorite artists, listening to podcasts, streaming videos and lots more. Once Spotify is linked to Google Home, all the user has to do is give voice orders and command will be carried out. How sweet! Let’s get started, shall we?
Steps on How to Link Spotify to Google Home
You can link your free Spotify account or your Spotify account on a subscription. All you have to do is follow the steps below.
Linking Spotify to Google Home
- Go to the Google Home app on your device, iPhone or Android. If you do not have the app on your device, kindly download it. You can get the app on play store or app store. Follow the given instructions then launch the app.
- On the app home page, hit the menu bar. The menu bar is at the top left corner of the page.
- After selecting the menu bar, a new page will pop up. Search for account preferences and click on it.
- Now you will see a bar for media accounts, click on it.
- On the new page, select Spotify
- Its time to link accounts. Select the bar for link accounts.
- You have to log in to your Spotify account now. If you do not have a Spotify account, you can just create one. To create an account, click on sign up to Spotify.
Creating a Spotify account
- Click on sign up to Spotify
- You can create the account via the Spotify app or Spotify website
- You can pick between creating the account with Facebook or with an email address
- Once you enter your email address, you confirm and then create a password
- Based on choice, you can add more details like birth date, gender and so on.
Your Spotify account has been created. However, you have to restart the whole process for linking the two accounts now. Just follow the steps from the beginning and you will be done in no time.
- So you are to log in using the details of your Spotify account
- Then hit confirm
- You have successfully linked your Spotify account to your Google Home.If you have more than one Spotify account, pick the one you wish to link to your Google Home. You can have only one Spotify account linked to your Google Home.
Making Spotify the default player
Since you have successfully linked your Spotify to Google Home, you can place voice commands that will be carried out. Making Spotify the default player saves you the trouble of having to specify every command. To make Spotify the default player, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Home app
- On the app’s home page, check for the menu bar. It is located at the top left part of the screen. Select it.
- On the pop up page select music
- Now select Spotify. The Spotify will now be the default player for Google Home.
That is all on how to link Spotify to Google Home. You can now link your accounts and enjoy all the music!
If you do not find the option for linking services, perhaps the Spotify service is not available in your country. If this is the case, you will not find the option for linking in the Google Home app.