Alexa, voice assistance can work with your TV in various ways using Echo devices like Echo Dot, Echo Show and Echo Tap or similar smart speakers. With the help of Alexa you can search for movies, programs, change channels, and even control playback of your DVR. Right now, these capacities work with 2017 Sony 4K HDR Android TVs and select models of 2016 Sony 4K HDR Android TVs, just as Logitech Harmony and BroadLink devices.
How to Setup a Smart TV that works with Alexa
Connecting Alexa and FireTV gadgets is one approach to utilize voice directions to stream video and control your TV, yet there various TVs that are not FireTVs but rather can “Work with Alexa” by means of an Echo-type gadget.
“Works with Alexa” ability is at present accessible on select TV models from LG (2018), Sony (2016, 2017, 2018), and Vizio (2017 and 218), and will be accessible on prospective select 2018 models from Hisense.
For Samsung TVs:
First you need to connect your TV to SmartThing Hub, for that just follows the below steps:
- Power On your TV and connect it to the local network (Your Samsung Smart TV and SmartThing Hub should be on the same network)
- Press the power button on your TV remote and select “Settings”
- Then, Navigate to “System” and you need to select “Samsung Account”
- Now, Sign in to your Samsung account and check for your Smart TV on SmartThing Mobile App
- You have done by connecting your SmartThing Hub to your TV.
Next you have to connect your SmartThing Hub to Alexa, for that follow the below listed steps:
- Open Amazon Alexa App on your Smartphone
- Tap on Menu and navigate to Smart Home
- Tap on Smart Home and will get more Smart Home Skills
- Type “Smartthings” in the search bar and enter search
- It will bring out a list of options, you need to select Smartthings and Enable it
- A new window will appear which wants you to enter SmartThings account login details. Enter all the correct login credentials and tap on “Sign In”
- Then another window will open, click on the drop down bar on that page and select “Live:SmartHomeDB.com” and click on “Authorize”
- Now, you will get a message “Alexa has successfully connected with a SmartThings”
- Close the window. You should see a spring up menu. Tap on “Discover Devices”.
- You will see that the SmartThings expertise has been added to your Alexa App. Underneath the SmartThings ability, you will see a blue button, “Discover.” Tap on it so that Alexa can see all devices associated with the SmartThings Hub.
You would now be able to control your Samsung Smart TV by issuing a commands beginning with the prompt, “Alexa.”
- “Alexa, Turn On/Off the TV”
- “Alexa, Turn the volume up to 5”
- “Alexa, Change the Channel to 115”
For LG TVs:
- Dispatch the Set-Up TV for Amazon Alexa App from the home screen of your LG TV running the webOS 4.0 TV working framework or higher.
- Pursue the bearings and sign into your LG account (or make one) and select the name of your TV.
- Go to the versatile setup direct page, and go to the Alexa App on your cell phone to empower LG SmartThinQ Alexa ability and connection your records.
- Complete any extra setup guidelines provoked by your TV.
For Sony TVs:
- Open the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa App from the Home screen of your TV.
- Select your Google account (or make one) and name your TV.
- Adhere to guidelines and find and empower the Sony TV Alexa App on your cell phone and adhere to extra directions to interface the TV and Echo-type gadgets.
For Vizio TVs:
- Dispatch the Vizio TV SmartCast home screen.
- Utilizing your TV remote, press up and tap on the Extras tab on the menu bar.
- Select Voice Settings, and after that Pair Display.
- Utilizing your cell phone go to vizio.com/alexa and enter the PIN demonstrated your TV screen.
- Whenever incited, come back to the Alexa App on your telephone to empower Alexa voice aptitudes, connect records, and gadgets.