Alexa lets you control your Sonos, Sonos One and Sonos Beam speaker with just your voice. Alexa and Sonos supported some music services like Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM and TuneIn Radio. While enjoying these music services on Sonos speaker some user get a couple of issues. Among all here we are discussing “Why Alexa not responding Sonos”. So go ahead to this article and you will surely find the cause and a solution for How to fix it.
What to do when Alexa not responding Sonos or Sonos One
Solution: Alexa Not Responding Sonos
At the very first, ensure that a small white round light is still flashing on the top of the Sonos speaker? If it’s not, then Mic has been turned off accidentally, just touch the Mic symbol in order to turn it on.
Solution: Alexa Not Playing on Sonos
Try to discover the devices again on Alexa App. Might be Sonos player got disconnected. Here are the steps to discover devices:
- Open Alexa App on your mobile device
- Tap on devices on the right bottom of the App
- Click on the + icon and then select “Add Device”
- Then you will get a list of Devices. Select your Sonos Device
Now, try Alexa Sonos commands to ensure that Alexa is working on Sonos One.
“Alexa, play Blondie in the Living Room”
“Alexa, play Lorde in the Bedroom”
Solution: Alexa Not working on Sonos One
Another reason behind Alexa stopped working on Sonos may be the Alexa Sonos Skill got disable. To fix this you need to enable the skill again in Alexa App. In order to enable the skills to follow these steps:
- Open Alexa App
- Tap on the menu section and then select Skills
- Search for “Sonos Skill” and then tap on the Enable button
- You need to login to your Sonos account, enter the username and password
- Next, discover the devices in Alexa App
Great! Sonos Alexa Skill has been enabled. Now try command to enjoy music on Sonos One Speaker