Close captions make it easy for you to link the content on your videos or movies. It displays the spoken elements, background noise and the sound effects of a movie or videos in a text format. They are not only important for the deaf but also if the surroundings area is too noisy. In this article we look at how to turn on close captions. Note that the captions are only available if the owners of the content include them.
Turning On Close Captions on your Roku Devices
To enjoy your favorite NFL games on Roku, you will need to turn on the close caption on your Roku device. Depending on the provider you may need to activate the captions within the channel. To activate the captions on your Roku device, follow our guide below;
- Press the home button on your Roku device and look for the setting menu
- On the settings menu look for accessibility. Select captions
- The captions menu has the caption mode and you from there you select when the captions appear.
- When the captions are off they will never appear as you stream your movies
- On turning the captions on they will always appear as long as the service providers has made them available.
- If you choose to activate the captions on replay, they only appear when you replay the videos.
How to customize closed captions
- There are 3 elements you can customize if the channel you are watching uses closed captions.
- On the home page of your device select settings.
- Open the styles menu and select accessibility, then captions style.
- Adjust the text font, background and window color.
How to use Closed Captions During Playback
- Some channels use closed captioning setting available on the device and they can be turned on and off. Below the procedure to turn on captions when on playback
- Press star the button on your Roku device and then open the options menu
- Look for closed captioning. Using the right and left button, choose when the captions should appear. Captions will appear when you press the replay button on your Roku device. You can now watch HBO match on Roku with captions either during replay or turn them on for good.
- Note if you turn the captions on during playback your device retains the settings.
- There you have it, the simple steps you should follow to turn on the Roku closed captions on and off. We hope you are able to turn on the closed captions. Let us know in the comments.