Google, so far, has come up with various innovative gadgets; however, it would not be wrong to state that Google Home is the flagship smart home device of the company. Your Smart Home Device just requires a Wi-Fi network, a nearby electrical socket and a compatible mobile device. Controlling certain devices and features in your home requires a compatible smart device. Recently, with the release of Google Home Mini, Google has extended its smart home line up. In comparison, Google Home Mini is more reasonable option for people looking for smart home game. In addition to answering questions, both the devices are competent to track the weather or your schedule, give traffic information, and control smart-home devices. Although you can place both devices anywhere at your home but Google home wins the race due to its compact size.
Google Home or Google Home Mini, both the smart home devices work apparently in a same way and bring the same comfort to the user. In case you have bought Google Home or Mini the first step would to learn the procedure to install it and this article comes as a rescue for all those who are planning to or have recently bought the wonder device.
Set up your Google Home device
First of all plug in Google Home.
- In you do not have, create a Google account.
- For further procedure, install the Google Home app from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Google Home app from the home screen.
- Tap Add, Set up device, Set up new devices in your home.
- Scanning for Google Home devices: The Google Home app scans for nearby devices that are plugged in and ready to set up.
- Connecting to your new device: The app will now connect your phone to your new Google Home so that you can configure it.
- Making a connection: The app will now play a sound on the device just to make sure that you’re setting up the right device. Once you hear the sound, tap yes.
- Wi-Fi connection: Pick the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your device.
- Before using your Google Assistant: Read the information / Instructions.
- Address:The Google Home app will ask for access to use your location to pre-fill your address. If you allow access, your address will be pre-filled or you can manually fill it.
- Media services, Music services, Video services: All these can be accessed by Tap+ and follow the account linking steps.
- Choose whether to receive emails about your device by tapping Sign up or No thanks.
- Summary screen: Here’s a review of what you set up. You can choose to set up other functionality. Tap Continue > Finish setup.
- Set up is successful.
Set up your Google Home Mini device
- First of all download the Google Home app for your Smartphone / tablet and launch it. The first screen of the app should automatically detect the Home Mini. (In case it doesn’t, tap the Device button in the top right and then tap the Add New Device button to get information on how to find the device.)
- Tap Set Up.
- You should hear a sound, if you have rightly connected to the device. Once you hear the sound, tap Yes in the app.
- Find a suitable room to locate your Google Home. then tap Next.
- As Google Home does not work without proper internet connectivity. Select your Wi-Fi network and tap Next then enter the password for your network and tap Connect.
- Please go through the privacy information. When you’re done, tap Next.
- Google Home Mini allows the user to select between two voices; the user may play samples of each and make a decision accordingly, once done, tap Next.
- Enter your address: This is a mandatory thing only if you are looking to get customised local data for traffic, weather, and other such services.
- Re-evaluate the information you’ve filled and you can also put in a payment method in case you want to use Google Home Mini to make purchases. When you’re done, tap Next.
- Tap Continue.
- The final screen gives you some trial commands you can use. Tap Finish Setup when ready.
Using the above instruction You’re all set to use Google Home and Google Home Mini and enjoy the wonderful world of Google Smart Home.