Smart Home is now getting smarter than ever. Those days are gone when you had to control several aspects at your home manually. As among all the smart things, one is also there that you can automate your garage with just your simple voice. There are great advantages in order to control garage door. Apart from easy control of opening and closing of a garage door, they also allow to easily automating your home.
Smart Garage Door Openers
Things to consider before buying a smart garage door controller:
- Make sure that Garage Door Controller you are going to buy works with your garage.
- Ensure that your garage door is motorised or not
- Another thing aspect to check is Wi-Fi. Make sure Garage Door Openers is Wi-Fi enabled as they used 2.4 GHz signal. But you should have a strong connection to works the door properly.
Are Garage Door Opener is Compatible with Alexa?
Yes, Some Garage Door Opener is easily compatible with voice-assistant devices such as Alexa. Alexa enables you to control your Garage Door Opener, also see with security cameras or work with your existing cameras. Here we are going to show up some smart garage door opener:
Gogogate2 ( Price: $99.99 )
Apart from another smart door opener, Gogogate lets you create users so that single account on Gogogate App can be accessible among all family members. It may also enable to give temporary access to any guest at your home. GoGogate works with IFTTT that means it automatically Open and closes the door. You can link to Alexa through IFTTT as well as any other smart home devices. Cost of this device is $99.99 you can buy it from Amazon.
NEXX GARAGE REMOTE GARAGE DOOR OPENER (Price: $58.94)
NEXX GARAGE REMOTE GARAGE DOOR OPENER works with Alexa so that you can open and close your garage door using Alexa Garage Commands. As similar with GoGogate, NEXX App also lets you give access to multiple user or guest and also enable you to see the calendar when the door was open and closed and by whom. The device is available at a price of $99.99 on Amazon.
CHAMBERLAIN MYQ-G0301 ( Price: $24.99)
Chamberlain MyQ-G0301 plays the best role overall the Alexa Compatible Smart Garage Door Opener. This device includes a sensor for Garage Door Opener and a Hub which connects to Wi-Fi network very well. In order to use this device, you need to install the MyQ App and Alexa App on your Smartphone. The app is available for Android and iOS devices which lets you open and close the door remotely. Get this device from Amazon at just a price of $79.99.
The things to look before Buying a Smart Garage Door Opener
You can buy a Garage Door Open which is compatible with Smart Home Devices. If any garage door opener device is available at your home then you need a kit to make it smart and access it using your voice. Before buying a Smart Garage Door Opener, the first thing to ensure is to check that does it work with your existing garage door. However, you can find the compatible one on the manufacturer’s official website. Some Smart Garage Door Opener comes with Wi-Fi options, while others may have Bluetooth in order to connect with your phone.
Latest News about Smart Garage Door Opener
- Chamberlain B1381 Smart Garage Door Opener at $338 comes with built-in LED lights which illuminate the entire garage. This device is having Smartphone control, belt-drive 1.25 HP Motor, Two Remotes, battery backup and a keypad.
- Here is something new for HomeKit users, Insignia Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener at $69 that works with Apple Smart Home Devices.
- Another New Garage Door Opener is Momentum Niro Wi-Fi Garage Door Controller at $59.99 available on Amazon. This latest Garage Door Controller is having a 720p security camera which lets you watch the entire garage, or who has entered or left your garage.
- Senco Fi Garage Door Opener at $399 is little best expensive than other Smart Home Garage Door Opener. This device comes with a Touch screen door controller. Another device of this brand is Fi Mini at $139 comes with all the same features as Senclo Fi Garage Door Opener but a touch screen is not there.