NetGear is a multinational company and has successfully marked its scale in the manufacturing of products like networking hardware. It produces networking hardware for consumers, businesses and service providers. The company operates in three business segments: retail, commercial, and as a service provider.
Netgear’s products cover a variety of widely used technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, NetGear Extender with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The products include wired and wireless devices for broadband access and network connectivity and are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region and sector in which the company’s products are sold.
Apart from various products launched by NetGear, we are here to discuss the procedure to setup the NetGear Extender which, once done, efficiently boost up the WiFi bandwidth.
The extender device assures in terms of access, safety, and excellence. You may benefit from NetGear Extender after it’s successful installation and completion. These days, where WiFi is quintessential, it is very important to have proper tool with all the mechanics that cater to the need of the self.
NetGear Extender can be effectively setup in two ways which we are discussing as below:
Comprehensive steps for NETGEAR Extender Setup with Mywifiext
Mywifiext plays a significant role in setting up a new WiFi range extender. It facilitates in changing both basic and advanced technical settings.
Enclosed here under is the entire procedure/ step by step instructions to install and configure NETGEAR range extender through manual setup:
- Connect the extender to an electrical socket.
- Let the extender boot properly. subsequent to that, double-click on any web browser.
- Once the browser opens, go to mywifiext.net. Extender Login page will come out.
- Type the username and password. It will open NETGEAR Genie Setup page.
- Connect smart devices with the available network. Enter the password.
- In case your extender is dual-band, select the second band and click Continue.
- Finally, connect with the extended wireless network.
As a consequence, one can simply set up NETGEAR Extender. Connect all your smart devices like smartphones, laptops, computers and tablets with the new extended network.
Another way of setting up NETGEAR Extender is through The Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard:
The Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard facilitates you to arrange your Netgear extender through the Web browser of a device that’s connected to your current Wi-Fi network. To complete the configuration procedure, you need to know some details about your Wi-Fi network, for instance, the network’s password. Given that the extender pushes your current Wi-Fi network’s signal beyond its current limit, you won’t have to fret that the wireless signal will drop all of a sudden at a critical moment. Enclosed here with is the step by step instructions for NETGEAR Extender setup.
- Place the extender as close as possible to the Wi-Fi router, however, it can be moved to its new location after completion of the configuration process.
- Connect the extender to an electrical outlet, and wait until the device’s Status LED turns green.
- Once the LED turn Green, click the “Network” icon in the taskbar on your computer and then select “Netgear_Ext” from the list of Wi-Fi Networks to setup the connection.
- Open a new browser window for the Netgear Genie Smart Setup page. Select your Wi-Fi network and click “Continue.” Enter your network’s password in the Passphrase box, and then click “Continue.”
- After this, enter a new name for the extender’s Wi-Fi network in the “2.4GHz Network Name (SSID)” box, and then click “Continue.” Opt for the “Use the Same Security Mode” check box to relate the security settings that your current Wi-Fi network uses to the extender’s Wi-Fi network.
- Click the “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network” check box, and then click “Continue.
- Disconnect the extender from the electrical outlet and transfer the device to a location that has a frail wireless signal from your original Wi-Fi network.
- Connect the extender to a power source, and then wait for the Status LED light to turn green.
Besides, the above ways, enclosed here with is the link to the video for the proper Setup of NetGear Extender:
NetGear Extender shoots up to the speed of the WiFi Bandwidth and makes the work way easier and efficient.