Amazon has developed powerful virtual assistance called Alexa. Alexa allows a user to control the smart home devices using their Voice, many things like to-do lists, set alarm, play music, stream podcast. Beside these features Alexa also provides real-time news, weather forecast, today’s calendar, and many more things. Now you can access Alexa App from your PC, Laptop or Desktop also. Amazon Alexa App is available on Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, MAC, PC, Desktop, Laptop, iPhone, iPad, Chromebook, Kindle and on other devices also. With Alexa App for Windows and Mac, you can manage your music, shopping lists, alarms, calendar and much more.
Download and Install Alexa App on your Device
Download Alexa App for Windows
Follow the steps given below for downloading and installing Amazon Alexa App on Windows:
- Download the latest version of Alexa App on your window Laptop/Desktop from Microsoft Store (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alexa/9n12z3cctcnz?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab). Latest Alexa App is compatible to all version of Windows i.e Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.
- Once the App get downloaded on your devices, open the download folder and find your Alexa App file.
- Open the file and hit on “Run” to start the installation process.
- When your Alexa App gets installed, restart your PC.
- Now, Open the Windows 10 Start Menu and run Alexa App.
- Click on “Set up Amazon Alexa”
- Then, Terms and condition page will open, Click on the continue button.
- On the Configure Screen you will see two options:
“Launch the app on Sign in to this computer”
“Allow App Sounds”. Keep these two options as same.
- Click on “Finish Setup”
- Next Screen which is “login”, Enter your Amazon user id and password to login into Alexa App. If you don’t have to create a new one.
- Once you logged in, start paring your Alexa Echo devices either it is Echo Dot, Echo Spot, Echo Look, Echo Plus, or any other Echo Devices.
Congrats! Amazon Alexa App has been successfully downloaded and installed on your Windows PC.
Download Alexa App for MAC
To Download and Install Alexa App on MAC kindly follow the steps given below:
- Download Alexa App for Mac from iTunes Store. (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620?mt=8)
- When App gets downloaded on your Mac, Open it and install.
- For setting up the Amazon Alexa for Echo devices choose the same network on MAC with which your echo devices is connected.
- After installing the Amazon Alexa App on MAC, login to Amazon Account with Username and password. If you are not having kindly create the new one.
- Start paring the Alexa and smart devices in your home with your Alexa App.
- Setting can be adjusted in App only.
Hurry! Alexa App for Mac has been successfully downloaded and installed on your MAC OS Laptop/Desktop.
Here are some common issues that users are facing while using Alexa App, Amazon Echo Devices or Other Smart home devices with Echo and Alexa.
- Alexa App Error 220.127.116.11.1
- Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1
- Login Error in Alexa App
- Alexa Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Alexa Multi-Room Music not Working
- Alexa Arlo Camera not Responding
- Alexa Not Discovering Hue
- Alexa Calling issues
- Facing problem in linking Alexa to Spotify
- Echo is flashing yellow
- Echo is blinking Red
- Not able to link Apple Music to Alexa
- Echo Error 10:2:17:5:1
- Echo devices blinks green
- Alexa does not understand me
- Unable to Configure Device language
- Alexa Not Responding Sonos
- Getting issues while connecting Amazon Fire TV App
- Trouble Pairing Alexa with Bluetooth Devices
- Alexa couldn’t find my other devices
- Getting Echo errors 6:1:103:10:3
- Echo 7:1:10:12:2 Error
- My Echo is getting 15:1:26:0:2 Error