Let’s all face it! Alexa is one of the best available virtual assistants. You sure want to download the Alexa app for windows 10 or any other computer window like 7, 8, 8.1 or Mac OS. We will look at all about Alexa app as well as step by step installation process.
This wise invention from Amazon allows voice interaction opening doors for a wide range of functions. From music playbacks to making to do lists, streaming podcasts and playing audio books. Alexa also controls other smart devices by using itself as a home automation system.
WHY IS ALEXA SO IMPORTANT?
After going through the above, Alexa’s importance should be plain clear. To clarify further the question should be“what can Alexa do?” What can you benefit when you download Alexa app for windows 7 or 8 or any of the above.
Yes! Alexa can play music. Of course we all know that. It can control your smart home and deliver relevant information. Now that’s cool. It allows Amazon prime members order products directly from Amazon, way cooler right? There is more.
WHAT CAN YOU ASK ALEXA AND WHAT ROLE CAN ALEXA PERFORM?
Once you download Alexa app for windows on your computer, you will see a skill section. Here, they are several skill categories in the app. You will find sections like smart home, travel and transportation, music and audio, food and drink, many more. Currently, with Amazon blueprint you can create your own skill. The Amazon skill store is open to publishing your own skill. Others can use your published skill on their device. You can request Alexa to do anything relating to the above skill categories.
Below is a small list of popular functions you can request of Alexa
You can use Alexa to:
- Ask web questions
- Get specific and general news report
- Play radio programs
- Stream music and podcasts
- Play games
- Play ambient sounds, lullaby or sleep music
- Make calls to contacts on mobile phones
- Control smart devices at home with voice commands. Example: smart lights, connected thermostats, connected cars and so on
- Set alarms and timers
- Get weather forecasts
- Make grocery list and more
That is a small list. There are many more functions Alexa can perform. The icing on this cake is the sweet ability to use the app without paying a dime! Yes you can use the app for free, no monthly fees. However you may have to pay for subscriptions on other apps.
Now this leads to downloads. How to download Alexa app for windows 10 and the others? Follow the process below step after step. You will then have the Alexa app installed on your device.
DOWNLOAD ALEXA APP FOR WINDOWS 10
To be reading this, you may have thought “How do I download Alexa app for windows 10?” Here I will show you just how.
To download Alexa app for windows 10 go get it from Microsoft store. Here is the link:
You can also download Alexa app for windows 10 by launching the pre installed app on your Alexa built in PC.
FOR DOWNLOAD VIA MICROSOFT STORE
- Open the Microsoft store and search for Alexa app
- Go to the app with blue Alexa icon and click get. A progress bar will pop up on the page. Allow download to complete.
- Once the app is downloaded click launch. This is to start the installation process for installing the app to your computer.
- When your Alexa app gets installed, next you restart your computer.
- Once your computer comes back on, go to the windows 10 start menu and run Alexa app.
- Now click on set up Amazon Alexa.
- The terms and condition page will open, click on the continue button
“Launch the app on sign in to this computer”
“Allow app sounds” Keep these two options the same.
- Click on finish set up
- The next screen you will see is log in. Here you are to enter your Amazon user Id and password so you can log in to the Alexa app
- If you do not have an Amazon account, click “create a new Amazon account”. Once you click this, a new page will pop up. You will be required to fill in your name, email address and password. Create a password you can remember, try to use letters and numbers. This way your password is more secure.
- Now you can click on create Amazon account and your Amazon account will be created. Then, you log in.
- Once you have logged in, start pairing. Pair your Alexa echo devices which ever one it is. Either Echo dot, Echo spot, Echo look, Echo plus or any other Echo devices.
- You will see a three line icon by the top-left corner of the computer window. This allows you change settings anytime you wish.
There! Download of Alexa app on your windows 10 complete. Now you can place a command to Alexa and have her plan your day for you.
Now let’s look at how to download Alexa app for Mac.
DOWNLOAD ALEXA APP FOR MAC
So I have said all about how to download Alexa app for windows 10.But then, what if your device does not run windows 10 but uses Mac. Well, Alexa app is available for Mac too.
Let’s quickly run through how to download Alexa app for Mac and installation.
The step by step process is listed below:
- To get Alexa app for Mac, go to iTunes store and download it. Here is the link
- Once you have downloaded the Alexa app on your Mac, open it and start installation.
- Now set up the Amazon Alexa app for echo devices. To do this, choose the same network your echo devices are connected on.
- Once the installation of the Amazon Alexa app on your Mac is completed, you log in.
- To log in to your Amazon account, provide your username and password on the page. If you do not have an account, do create one. Scroll up to see how to go about this.
- After logging in, you can start pairing. Pair Alexa and other smart devices in your home with the just downloaded Alexa app.
- You will see an icon for setting in the app, which is the only place setting, can be adjusted.
Congratulations! Your download and installation of the Alexa app on your Mac OS is finally complete.
DOWNLOAD ALEXA APP FOR WINDOWS 7
Can you really download Alexa app for windows 7? Well yes and no. No, because Alexa app is currently unavailable for windows 7 computers. We all know windows 7 has become an outdated version but using the Alexa app is still possible! How? You can use it without downloading the app. Processes to follow:
- Go to your computer web browser, type in “Alexa. Amazon. com” on the address bar and click enter
- The Alexa app webpage will pop up on your Windows 7 computer
- You will be required to fill in the username and password of your Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account, you will need to create one. Scroll up, I have explained how to do this.
- After filling in your details, you will be logged into the Alexa app webpage. Now you connect your echo device to Alexa but first you have to turn it on. Connect your echo device to a wall socket to turn it on.
- The ring light on your Alexa device should turn to an orange color
- Next, check the left side of your windows 7 PC screen for a navigation panel. You will use this in connecting echo devices with Alexa.
- Select setting then click on set up a new device
- Now you click on the bar for Amazon echo. Then, you select the language of your echo device.
Now, to get the echo device to set up mode, follow these simple steps
- Go to WI-FI settings on your computer
- A list will come up, select your Amazon Alexa device from the list
- What to do when your Alexa device is not on the list? Easy! Hold down the action button of your device for at most twelve seconds. Your device should appear on the list.
Now, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen to complete the echo set up.
DOWNLOAD ALEXA APP FOR WINDOWS 8 and 8.1
To download Alexa app for windows 8.1, there are a few steps to follow. However downloading Alexa app for windows 8 is currently not possible, just like windows 7.
How to download Alexa app for windows 8.1
- Sign in to your windows 8.1 PC via your Microsoft account.
- Hit the start menu of your windows 8.1 computer.
- Go to the search bar on the right side on the screen.
- Type in Alexa app and click enter to search.
- The Alexa app option will pop up on the Microsoft store, now download it.
- Once the download is complete, perform all the steps required.
- When the Alexa app installation is done, log in to the Alexa app using your Amazon account.
Here are some common issues that users are facing while using Alexa App, Amazon Echo Devices or Other Smart home devices with Echo and Alexa.
- Alexa App Error 220.127.116.11.1
- Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1
- Login Error in Alexa App
- Alexa Wi-Fi connectivity issues
- Alexa Multi-Room Music not Working
- Alexa Arlo Camera not Responding
- Alexa Not Discovering Hue
- Alexa Calling issues
- Facing problem in linking Alexa to Spotify
- Echo is flashing yellow
- Echo is blinking Red
- Not able to link Apple Music to Alexa
- Echo Error 10:2:17:5:1
- Echo devices blinks green
- Alexa does not understand me
- Unable to Configure Device language
- Alexa Not Responding Sonos
- Getting issues while connecting Amazon Fire TV App
- Trouble Pairing Alexa with Bluetooth Devices
- Alexa couldn’t find my other devices
- Getting Echo errors 6:1:103:10:3
- Echo 7:1:10:12:2 Error
- My Echo is getting 15:1:26:0:2 Error