The Amazon Echo is the biggest tech breakout in recent memory – a voice activated, internet-connected” smart speaker” with a built-in virtual assistant named Alexa that can answer your questions, follow your instructions and control your smart home devices.
Amazon like to put it that the Echo is a
“Star Trek Computer” for your home
Amazon’s Alexa assistant has stood the test of time and is getting even smarter. If there was any doubt about the company’s commitment to it, just look at the range of Echo devices it now offers: Echo Dot, Echo 2, Echo Show, Echo Spot and – the one we’re reviewing here is Amazon Echo Plus.
Alexa also has the same skill set regardless of whether you use an Echo Plus, Echo 2 or Dot. That means you can get a news update, weather forecast, road or rail status update, unit conversions, timers, play music, listen to the radio, add items to your shopping list, send messages, check calendars and much, much more. Echo Plus is a simple way to start your smart home. It has a built-in ZigBee smart home hub, which allows for simple and direct setup of compatible ZigBee lights, locks, plugs, and in-wall switches from brands like Philips Hue, GE, and Yale. No additional hub required.
The following characteristics in Amazon Echo Plus set it apart:
- Set up your smart home in minutes: Echo Plus has a built-in hub that seamlessly connects and controls compatible smart devices such as light bulbs, door locks, switches, and plugs. Simple setup works with a variety of Zigbee lights, locks, and plugs from leading brands, such as Philips Hue, GE, Kwikset and more.
- Control hundreds of other devices: Echo Plus can connect to other Wi-Fi and Bluetooth smart home devices with the Alexa app.
- Voice control your music: With a 2.5″ down-firing woofer and 0.8″ tweeter powered by Dolby, Echo Plus has crisp highs, deep bass, and 360° audio to fill your room with music. Play from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn and more. You can also listen to Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs and more.
- Hands-free calling and messaging: With Echo Plus, you can instantly talk to anyone hands-free – no tapping or searching is required.
- Far-field voice recognition: Echo Plus has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction – even in noisy environments or while playing music at loud volumes.
The customer support at Amazon is very competitive. It allows the customer to understand the gadget and make the best use of it. Amazon Echo Plus Support has facilitated its users with easily resolve their query by simply login to the website and get the solution real-time without any hassle and delay from the end of Amazon Echo Plus Support. To be precise, Amazon Echo Plus Support is sure shot solution to almost all the queries pertaining to the gadget, a few of them are listed here under:
Download the Alexa app and sign in.
With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:
- Fire OS 3.0 or higher
- Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS 9.0 or higher
To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for “Alexa app.” Then select and download the app.
Once you have downloaded the Alexa App you are all set to have the benefit of various features of Alexa Echo Plus and Amazon Echo Plus Support classifies various issues that might crop up and make it the user to resolve without much difficulty
Talk to Alexa.
You can now use your Echo device. To get started, say the “wake word” and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Echo device is set to respond to the wake word “Alexa” by default.
Echo Plus Connectivity
- Connect Your Echo Device to Wi-Fi
- Connect Your Echo Device to Bluetooth Speakers
- Connect Your Echo Device to External Speakers (Audio Out)
- Pair Your Mobile Device with Your Echo Device
Echo Smart Home Hub
- Connect Smart Home Cameras to Alexa
- Connect Smart Home Devices to Alexa with Smart Home Skills
- Connect Smart Home Devices to Your Echo Smart Home Hub
- Create Smart Home Device Groups
- Safety Information for Using Smart Home Devices with Alexa
- Supported Smart Home Devices for Alexa
Echo Plus Quick Fixes
- Alexa App Doesn’t Work
- Alexa Quick Fixes
- Bluetooth Issues on Alexa Devices
- Troubleshoot Smart Home Devices Connected to Your Echo Smart Home Hub
- Reset Your Echo Plus
- Streaming Issues on Alexa Devices
- Your Echo Device Doesn’t Connect to Wi-Fi
- Reset Smart Home Devices
- Alexa Help Videos
- Quick Start Guides for Alexa Devices
- Alexa Device Software Updates
- Alexa and Alexa Device Terms, Warranties, and Notices
Alexa Devices is always getting smarter – the more you use Echo, the more Alexa adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences. And because Echo is always connected, updates are delivered automatically and you are up-to-date every day.